The Light Aircraft Association is a non-profit making organisation open to anyone interested in aviation. The Association is the representative body in the United Kingdom for amateur aircraft construction, recreational and sport flying.
It’s objectives are to promote and extend the sport of recreational flying by minimising its cost through the advice and services provided for:
- the encouragement of amateur design, construction and operation of light and ultra-light aircraft
- the formation and administration of co-ownership groups and clubs
- the preservation and operation of vintage aircraft
- the discharge of regulatory responsibilities assigned by statutory bodies and government departments
- the co-operation and negotiation with government departments and other interested organisations to ensure that members’ best interests are protected
- generally to carry out such acts as may be conducive to the encouragement and development of recreational flying.
For more information on the LAA, visit their Website